Today at the Capitol, CSMS and Connecticut Comptroller Kevin Lembo co-hosted a forum on prescription drug pricing and its effects on access and affordability.
CSMS President Henry Jacobs, MD, JD welcomed the audience, and spoke about the hardships he has seen among patients who struggle to afford needed medications. Dr. Jacobs then introduced Comptroller Lembo, calling him a “CSMS healthcare hero” in recognition of his efforts to lead the charge for more affordable and quality healthcare for Connecticut residents.
Comptroller Lembo moderated the first panel, Industry Perspective on Cost Growth. Panelists included:
- C. Michael White, PharmD – Dean, UConn School of Pharmacy
- Troy Brennan, MD, MPH – Chief Medical Officer, CVS Health
- Thomas Brownlie – Director of US Policy, Pfizer, Inc.
- Tara Ryan – VP of State Policy, PhRMA (presentation)
The second panel, Impact and Options to Limit Cost Growth, was moderated by Dr. Jacobs. Panelists included:
- Daniel Ollendorf – Chief Scientific Officer, ICER (presentation)
- Peter Michaud, RN, JD – Associate General Counsel, Maine Medical Association (presentation)
- Victoria Veltri, JD, LLM – State of Connecticut Healthcare Advocate
Discussion on prescription drug costs leaves panelists looking for answers – CT News Junkie
Quotes from CSMS President Henry Jacobs, MD, JD
Officials address skyrocketing drug prices – NBC Connecticut
(Below from top: Dr. Jacobs; Comptroller Lembo and panelists; Healthcare Advocate Veltri