Nearly 200 physicians and guests from across New England were on hand for the 224th Annual Meeting of the Connecticut State Medical Society. Held at the Omni Hotel in New Haven, the evening featured:
- Jeffrey A. Gordon, MD was inaugurated as the 178th President of the Connecticut State Medical Society. Dr. Gordon, a hematologist-oncologist, is the first CSMS President from Windham County in 30 years.
- The CSMS Legislative Awards were presented to Senate President Martin Looney (D-New Haven) and Senate Minority Leader Len Fasano (R-North Haven) for their commitment and dedication to preserving and strengthening the practice of medicine in Connecticut for physicians and their patients. CSMS Legislative Chair David Emmel, MD and CSMS SVP for Government Affairs Ken Ferrucci presented the awards.
- The Maloney Award for Distinguished Service was presented to CSMS Councilor Michael Connair, MD by outgoing President Henry Jacobs, MD, JD. Dr. Connair received the Maloney Award in recognition of his tireless efforts on behalf of physicians and patients in the face of an increasingly profit-oriented insurance system.
- The Connecticut Medicine Healthcare Leader and Innovator Award was presented to CSMS member Philip Corvo, MD by Connecticut Medicine Editor Michael Deren, MD. Dr. Corvo was recognized for his outstanding leadership and commitment to surgical quality initiatives. Learn more.
- The meeting included a Physicians Foundation presentation with data from their national physician and patient surveys. CSMS Councilor Gary Price, MD and former CSMS Executive Director Tim Norbeck (now PF CEO) were joined by PF President Walker Ray, MD, and PF Board Member Palmer Jones, former NHMS Executive Vice President.
- Keynote speaker Steven Brill held a wide-ranging conversation with Dr. Jacobs on the state of American healthcare system. Many thanks to the CSMS-IPA for sponsoring Mr. Brill as our keynote speaker.
- View the 2015-2016 CSMS Annual Report
Annual Meeting Media Coverage