MIPS 2018 Data Submission Period Has Closed; Preliminary Performance Feedback Data for MIPS Now Available
The data submission period for the 2018 Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) closed on April 2, 2019. The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) is currently in the process of reviewing all the data submitted. We would like to thank all of the clinicians who submitted their data, as well as the qualified clinical data registries, qualified registries, EHR vendors, and other organizations that submitted 2018 MIPS data on behalf of clinicians.
Preliminary Feedback on 2018 MIPS Data Submission Now Available
If you submitted data through the Quality Payment Program website, you are now able to review your preliminary performance feedback data. However, please keep in mind, this is not your final score or feedback.
Your final score and feedback will be available in July 2019. Between now and June 30, 2019, your score could change based on the following:
- Special status scoring considerations (e.g., hospital-based clinicians)
- All-Cause Readmission Measure for the Quality performance category
- Claims measures to include the 60-day run out period
- CAHPS for MIPS Survey results
- Advancing Care Information Hardship Application status
- Improvement Study participation and results
- Creation of performance period benchmarks for Quality measures that didn’t have a historical benchmark
Your final score and feedback will be available in July 2019 through the Quality Payment Program website. You will be able to access preliminary and final feedback with the same HCQIS Access Roles and Profile (HARP) credentials that allowed you to submit and view your data during the submission period. Don’t have a HARP account? Start the process now! Refer to QPP Access User Guide and this video for step-by-step instructions
If you have questions about your 2018 MIPS performance feedback preliminary data, please contact the Quality Payment Program by:
- Phone: 1-866-288-8292/TTY: 1-877-715-6222