The 2nd Annual forum will focus on the challenges and opportunities in ensuring access and affordability of cancer treatment for rural and underserved populations in an ever-changing healthcare landscape. Participants include key stakeholders throughout the oncology community, including leaders in business, academia, public policy, health care systems, provider groups and advocacy.
ACS CAN will use this event to help illustrate and explore the following questions:
• What are patient expectations for access and affordability?
• How can we better navigate the coverage experience and financial challenges for cancer patients?
• How does geography impact access and how can disparities be addressed moving forward?
• How can we maximize consistency in the delivery of care that is patient-centered, evidence based, and coordinated, regardless of location?
• How can we improve patient centered communication and decision making?
• What role will information technology and electronic record keeping play in improving access and affordability?
• What will be the impact of national health care reform efforts on cancer patients?
Jim Wadleigh – Chief Executive Officer at Access Health CT.
Debra Polun – Director of Government Affairs/Media Relations at Community Health Centers Association of Connecticut
Amanda Cecala – Program Coordinator Oncology Medication Assistance at Smilow Cancer Hospital, Yale New Haven Health
Adam Taliaferro – Director of Advocacy, Bristol-Myers Squibb and member of the New Jersey General Assembly.
Additional Speakers and panelists will be confirmed soon
Susan Raff – Chief Capitol Reporter and co-host of Face the State, WFSB TV Eyewitness News