Zika Virus Resource Page
The page contains information from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), as well as from the Connecticut Department of Public Health, the AMA, and the World Health Organization/Pan-American Health Organization.
CSMS will update this page as additional information becomes available.
For Physicians and Clinicians
NEW: This toolkit is a suite of tools and resources to help health departments educate and inform healthcare providers to identify, counsel, report, and follow infants born to pregnant women with laboratory evidence of Zika virus infection. We invite you to use this toolkit to raise awareness about the U.S. Zika Pregnancy Registry and improve reporting and completeness of data collected. Added 2/27/17.
COCA USZPR Pregnancy Registry for Obstetricians
COCA USZPR Pregnancy Registry for Pediatricians
- CDC Zika Key Messages 10/18/16
- U.S. Zika Pregnancy Registry Includes downloadable fact sheets for clinicians and patients in English, Spanish, and Portuguese.
- CDC: Updated Interim Zika Clinical Guidance for Pregnant Women and Data on Contraceptive Use to Decrease Zika-affected Pregnancies 8/9/16
- Updated ACOG Practice Advisory on Zika Virus 8/3/16
- CDC: Updated Clinical Guidance – Caring for Pregnant Women 7/25/16
- Zika Patient Education Posters (English and Spanish)
- CDC Health Alert Network Recommendations for Subsequent Zika IgM Antibody Testing 6/21/16
- Zika Virus: Information for Clinicians (ppt) updated 6/13/16
- Interim Guidance for Zika Virus Testing of Urine MMWR 5/10/16
- State of Connecticut State of Connecticut Zika Virus Surveillance and Response Plan, 2016
- Updated Interim Zika Clinical Guidance for Reproductive Age Women and Men, Sexual Transmission of Zika, and the U.S. Zika Pregnancy Registry COCA Call 4/12/16 (slides, transcript, audio, webcast)
- Updated Interim Guidance for Care of Women of Reproductive Age During a Zika Virus Outbreak American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists 3/31/16
- Updated Interim Guidance for Prevention of Sexual Transmission of Zika Virus 3/25/16
- Preventing Transmission of Zika Virus in Labor and Delivery Settings Through Implementation of Standard Precautions 3/25/16
- Zika Testing Algorithms
- US Zika Pregnancy Registry
- MMWR – Revision to CDC’s Zika Travel Notices: Minimal Likelihood for Mosquito-Borne Zika Virus Transmission at Elevations Above 2,000 Meters 3/11/16
- MMWR: Transmission of Zika Through Sexual Contact with Travelers to Areas of Ongoing Transmission — Continental United States, 2016 3/4/16
- MMWR Interim Guidelines for Health Care Providers Caring for Infants and Children with Possible Zika Virus Infection 2/19/16
- Update on Interim Clinical Guidance/CDC COCA Call (audio conference call on 2/25/16 2 pm; web-on-demand training after 3 pm on 2/25/16)
- Update: MMWR Interim Guidelines for Health Care Providers Caring for Pregnant Women and Women of Reproductive Age with Possible Zika Virus Exposure 2/5/16
- AMA Zika Virus Resource Center
- Zika Virus: What Clinicians Need to Know transcript and slides of 1/26 CDC COCA call
- CDC Zika Virus (main page)
- CDC For Healthcare Providers (includes clinical evaluation, disease, diagnostic testing, additional info for OB-GYN & pediatrics)
- CT DPH asks providers to watch for suspected cases of Zika virus